SmartPhone Pi-Star Hotspot Dashboard
Do you have an old jumbo spot and you keep hearing all the hype about the Nextion Screen. Well here is a free alternative. Works great whe out in the gazebo and hotspot is in the house.
This app will NEVER give you all the functionality of a Nextion Screen, however it will provide most of the information to operate the hotspot. It is NOT fancy, but it is functional.
It also provides a bit more information on active callers
BETA Testing is now wide open to anyone willing to give it a try
Download apk file at
- click on the supplied .apk file and install it into a android smart phone.
- When it starts it should install the script files from a github repository
if this does not work try the following.
- Log into your pi-star hotspot via SSH
- type the following
git clone https://github.com/ve3rd/SmartPhone.git
- You must first load the list file on the configuration screen with your hotspot ip addresses
- Enter the ip and name (and password if not raspberry) into the appropriate boxes and press
the [Add] button
- When all your ip addresses are entered press the save button
- The top ip address in the list will be used every time you start the app or press [Connect]
- Selecting any ip in the list will move it to the top
- Press the [Load List] to reload your ip address list(if require)
- Select your ip address and press [Connect]
- Press [Main] to move to the main monitor screen
- There is a drop down menu activated by […](three vertical dots) in the top right corner
- Your profiles must be entered manually by logging in via ssh and setting parameters in /home/pi-star/Smartphone/profiles.txt not all profiles have been setup. Activated by ActPF1.sh to ActPF10.sh
- DMRGateway and Last Heard Screens are not fully programmed yet, however a short Last Heard list is available on the Main Monitor screen [Last Heard]
Good Luck and Have Fun
I can usually be found on TGIF 31665